Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Commitments in my Quilting life

I believe that to be good global citizens we need to serve our communities and our hearts. I chose to start volunteering with the local Craft Guild almost a yeah and a half ago.

Just a few weeks ago was the annual executive meeting. I was voted in as secretary :) I have to do the minutes, which is fine but I also get to update Facebook and be a face for the guild in the community. I was thrilled to take part in the executive and love having more involvement.

They focus on all things crafty and even operate a cooperative. The store is open to the public 4-5 days a week. I don't get to volunteer in the store because it's open during my regular work day but I volunteer during our annual fairs.

I encourage you get out in your community and start giving back :)

Visit the LWCG Facebook Page for more info.

Just a pretty quilt I saw online :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! So glad you're leaving me a comment. Check back here for a reply :)